Careers at Peterson Mechanical
Our Culture Current Positions Think Safety
Equal Employment Highlight of Benefits ADA Compliance
The Peterson Mechanical Culture
Peterson Mechanical has been in the same family for over a century and that family-feel is at the core of everything we do. Employees enjoy working here. We are hard-working, but have fun doing so; it’s a supportive environment; it’s just the right size to get to know everybody, and make sure you don’t trip over our mascot dogs, Abby and Izzy!
We celebrate! There are picnics, parties, and BBQs. We share birthday wishes and welcome babies.
We promote an open-door policy. Our top management is visible, available, and genuinely interested in our employees.
Peterson Mechanical’s Code of Excellence
- The company is only as good as its employees. We mentor and grow our people for they are our greatest asset.
- We are experts in our business. We solve problems. If we don’t know, we find out.
- We have a “Can Do” attitude. We understand that if we don’t, our competitors will.
- Employee safety is a top priority.
- We promote our company every day by being responsive and working with our customers and GC’s as partners. Every job is a marketing opportunity for our entire company. (HVAC, Plumbing, Service)
- We take pride in our Integrity, Work Ethic, and Craftsmanship.
- We are one company and a team. We communicate, look-out for our fellow workers, and do what’s best for the company.
- We take a proactive approach to our work. We plan our work, look at the result then plan some more.
- All employees have equal value. We listen to our employees and respect differing opinions. We treat our peers with respect.
- We are continuously improving ourselves and our company. We are creative and believe in progressive thinking.
Peterson Mechanical Core Values
Excellence – Exceeding standards in every aspect of our business.
Innovative – Using creative ideas and cutting edge technology to deliver advanced solutions.
Integrity – Committing to principles of responsibility, reliability, and honesty.
Leadership – Standing at the forefront of our business and providing initiative in all we do.
Proactive – Anticipating required actions and responding with solutions.
Current Positions Available
Reports to: Controller
Job Status: FULL TIME
FLSA Status: NON-EXEMPT
EEO Category: Professionals
Revised: February 18, 2020
Salary level: VI
Schedule: M-F 7:30 – 4:30
The IT Manager provides technical and administrative support to ensure hardware and software operations run efficiently in the computer network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols
- Installs and enhances current and new versions of the operating system and utilities
- Evaluates and implements software programs and applications
- Monitors network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance
tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendors
- Ensures network security and backup
- Adds/removes user access
- Provides network maintenance and repair
- Maintains computer, printer and other related equipment problems
- Produces and maintains technical training manuals and company standards
- Tracks hardware assets
- Manages the IT budget
- Serves as liaison with website provider
- Manages phone and internet provider renewals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS in Computer Science or AS and applicable experience
- Five years of experience in network administration; strong understanding of network infrastructure
and network hardware
- Microsoft Technical Assistant Certification
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft applications
- Familiarity with Project Explorer and FTP sites for uploads and downloads
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability with cloud-based applications
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Demonstrated ability in network security
- Must be able to complete complex projects with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with all levels of staff
- Flexibility with work schedule
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
- Working knowledge of Mas 360
- Experience with Crystal Reports and Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
Position requires sitting for prolonged periods and occasional standing and walking. Manual dexterity required for computer work. There is the occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. Occasional kneeling, reaching, crawling. Office work environment with a moderate noise level. Occasional travel. Reasonable accommodations will be made available.
Think Safety Mission Statement
Peterson Mechanical, Inc. is committed to the safety and welfare of all our employees and the employees of the project team, through prevention, education, awareness, and strong safety culture. Our goal is to reduce workplace accidents with the ultimate goal of zero injuries and accidents.
Our efforts towards safety have allowed us to benefit from a low EMR Rate, always below 1.
Peterson Mechanical’s full-time Safety Coordinator, Dave Kimble, works to assure implementation of our comprehensive written safety program and to ensure that the company and its employees are in compliance with all OSHA regulations, Cal OSHA regulations, ANSI standards, and industry best practices.
Our Safety Coordinator has the following training: OSHA 511, 500, HAZWOPER, OSHA 10-30, First Aid, CPR, AED, Power Industrial Trucks Training, Confined Work Space Trainer, Respirator Use Trainer, Powder Actuated Tools, Man Lift Trainer, Certified Rigging and Signaling, Competent Person Trenching Certified, and ARC Flash Prevention. Notably, he also has over 10 years of practical experience.
Our Safety Program consists of the following: Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), Accident Investigation, Heat Illness Prevention, Tool Box Training, Fall Protection Training, Hot Work Permits, and Code of Safe Work Practices.
Peterson Mechanical’s written safety program is under continuous review to ensure our policies and procedures reflect current safety standards, requirements, and industry best practices.
All of our Field Supervisors are OSHA 10 and 30 certified and receive continual training on our Safety Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer & Prohibit Discrimination & Harassment of Any Kind
Peterson Mechanical upholds equal employment opportunity for all employees and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Peterson Mechanical are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Peterson Mechanical will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Peterson Mechanical encourages applicants of all ages.
Highlight of Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package:
Group Medical Insurance
- Company pays 80% of monthly bronze premium per respective plan
- Choose from several Blue Shield, Western Health Advantage or Kaiser plans
Group Dental Insurance
- Company pays 100% of employee monthly premium
- Current carrier is Cypress Dental
- Employees may add dependents to group plan coverage
- Company pays 60% of monthly bronze premium per respective plan
Long Term Disability
- Company pays 100% of premium
- Supplements the State Disability Plan
- Salary continuance at 60% up to $5,000 per month
- Company match: 100% of employee’s contribution up to 3% of compensation plus 50% match on contributions from 3% to 5% of compensation (excludes bonuses)
- Match is made annually on a one-time basis
- Choice of Mass Mutual self-directed investment options; includes a fixed investment option with a 3% guarantee
- Match is made annually on a one-time basis, no later than June 15th of the following year
- Discretionary contribution to 401K plan of 7 to 15 % of employee compensation (excludes bonuses)
- Match is made annually on a one-time basis, no later than June 15th of the following year
- Employees can choose Critical Care Insurance, Hospital Coverage, Cancer and Accident Insurance, Whole or Term Life. A Long Term Care rider is available. Vision insurance is offered through VSP.
Employee Assistance Program
- Referral based benefit for situations such as legal, financial, and substance abuse assistance.
PTO (Personal Time Off)
- 9 to 18 days per year based on years of service
- 10 paid holidays per calendar year
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance Statement
Peterson Mechanical is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) which prohibits the discrimination of qualified individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.