Peterson Mechanical Current Openings
Pipe and Plumbing Purchasing Assistant
Founded in 1915, Peterson Mechanical is a leading provider of mechanical engineering, fabrication, installation and service in the Greater Bay Area. Family owned and with a family feel, Peterson Mechanical is a great place to work. We are seeking a Purchasing Assistant to add to our team.
Assists in purchasing activities to ensure Plumbing or Piping materials, supplies or equipment meet specifications and are delivered on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and reviews requisitions requesting materials and supplies.
- Communicates with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price,availability, and delivery schedules
- Enters orders into the Purchase Order computerized system at the direction of the Purchasing Agent
- Creates and issues purchase orders for the acquisition of material
- Procures materials or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with purchasing products and services, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies for construction projects
- Modifies/manipulates digital or written material request information for entering purchase orders
- Maintains procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery,inventories
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel professionally; determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Tracks material and equipment returns / back orders
- Organizes and ships return merchandise
- Other duties as assigned
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related trade or business
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the construction trade
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to negotiate with partners on terms and maintain positive and professional relationships
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Customer service skills and abilities in-person, on the telephone and in email correspondence
- Advanced typing and ten-key operation
- Skilled in use of software programs: MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to manipulate data across multiple computer software programs
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- AA from accredited university or some business courses
- Training on VISTA software systems
- Knowledge in the plumbing and/or HVAC trades
Position requires sitting for prolonged periods and occasional standing and walking. Manual dexterity required for computer work. There is occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. Office work environment with a moderate noise level. Reasonable accommodations will be made available.